Feb 10, 2007

SECRET PAL 10 Info

I'm all sorts of happy! I have joined both SP10, and the Villes spring round of SPs!
Pretty good considering I haven't been involved in a SP swap before. I can't wait to find out who my SPS are! I just want to start lavishing them with awesome things! These are both going to be a blast!

~*~ The Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire ~*~

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
ANSWER: I love soft! (I've mainly used acrylic/acrylic blends) Wool is heavenly! I am open to the many other fibers out there. I am starting to like crocheting with cotton.(for dishcloths) I'm just not seeing a big color selection here.
NOTE: I do not like novelty, as in eyelash, funfur, ect.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
ANSWER: I went out and bought a carousel 'pen' organizer.It didn't quite work out. So I'm using a zippered pen case.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
ANSWER: I started crocheting in 2003....what a year, lol! I took almost that to make my first ghan....I frogged it after I completed it the first time, and started over...I thought I did it wrong. It was supposed to be double crochet, but think I did half double, (not quite sure what the stitch was) and I was working in back loops........so it was fine, but, at the time I didn't know.
I am a crocheter..but would love to expand my knitting know how. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I began knitting.(93) It became a WIP that my grand mother finished. She taught me the basics when I was little. She is now unable to give me any tips due to illness. (she is also overseas)
KNITTING:beginner....just the very basics, open to tips and help!
CROCHET: advanced intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
ANSWER: My Amazon.com Wish List

5. What's your favorite scent?
ANSWER: Daffodils...but also love lavender
(in body spray/bath scents I also love Victoria Secrets Amber Romance.)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
ANSWER: (unfortunately, yes I do!)Lindor Lindt White Chocolate Truffles, Dove Milk Chocolate

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
ANSWER: I would love to learn how to spin, I'm also interested in dyeing yarns! (Woodwork is cool, too)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
ANSWER: Ohhh my, I love so many types, lol! Link me to what you like! and YES! I can finally play MP3!!!!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm in to Earth tones lately, but adore purples, burgundies, dark greens, sages,

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have 2 beautiful daughters, 12 & 13! (very interesting!They make life fun and full of life) 2 dogs...they are just too funny!The best husband ever, my high school sweetheart, the love of my life! (OK yes, apparently I'm a hopeless Romantic!)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I absolutely love shawls (for summer and winter)!!!!!! I would like to have a hat for those rare TX really cold occasions!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
(crochet) Squares for afghans, household stuff, gift items, Shawls

13. What are you knitting right now?
Crocheting:Winter sweater set for child, some afghans, powder room deco, dishcloths, working on some special items for my aunt

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
ANSWER: YES!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
ANSWER: Bamboo crochet hooks, not tried any of the other woods....except
Hobby Lobbys rosewood ....I'm not sure what I think.the hook is a little different.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
ANSWER: No, but would like to

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
ANSWER: hahahahha 2 years! My monster afghan

18. What is your favorite holiday?
ANSWER: Christmas & New Years......Not the presents, but the joy and the family togetherness! New Years is very emotional to my side of the family.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
ANSWER: ummm, yarn, lol! Anything with daffodils and tulips

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
ANSWER:
Crochet Stitch Bible
A good knit book like the above for crochet
Shawl patterns

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
ANSWER: Tunisian crochet/ knitting

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
ANSWER: I have been wanting to try! 8/ 81/2

23. When is your birthday?
ANSWER: April 12

No comments: